Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Teen Read Week: October 14, 2014

It's Teen Read Week!

From the Teen Read Week site:
Teen Read Week™ is a national adolescent literacy initiative created by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). It began in 1998 and is held annually during the third week of October. Its purpose is to encourage teens to be regular readers and library users.
In honor of Teen Read week, I'm going to show case a book a day that I really enjoyed reading when I was a teen (as if it was that long ago).

Today's book is:





So Yesterday
by
Scott Westerfeld


                                 Originally Released: 2004
Read: 2007/2008
I read this book like once, but I remember really really liking it. Scott Westerfeld is well known for some of his other books, especially the Uglies series, so I thought I'd highlight one that isn't as well known.
 
It's definitely a book that was either well liked or not liked at all. I have to do a re-read some day, because maybe my tastes have changed? Click here for a summary of the book.
 
 Suggested for readers who enjoy: realistic fiction, contemporary, science fiction, YA


 

No comments:

Post a Comment