Saturday, October 18, 2014

Teen Read Week: October 18, 2014

It's Teen Read Week!

From the Teen Read Week site:
Teen Read Week™ is a national adolescent literacy initiative created by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). It began in 1998 and is held annually during the third week of October. Its purpose is to encourage teens to be regular readers and library users.
In honor of Teen Read week, I'm going to show case a book a day that I really enjoyed reading when I was a teen (as if it was that long ago).

I also realized that I should probably be attaching reviews to these books, but honestly some of these I've read so long ago that it's hazy. And I probably already wrote a review for them then, so I really don't want to write another one. What I can do is direct you to places where I've written reviews, such as Book Away and my Goodreads account.

Today's book, and the last one for the week is:

Tomorrow, When The War Began, John Mardsen


The easiest way for me to explain this book is kind of also the most uninteresting way to push it: Australian teens band together to save their home from invaders. Think Red Dawn-esque.

Now I've never read past book one, because 1) I can't find book two at the library, 2) I haven't had time to read it. But I really liked this book, and I definitely want to read the second one and all the other books! I need to know what happens. I need to know who lives and who dies (I'm really hoping someone dies).

Suggested for: YA, Dystopian, Adventure, Survival, SciFi, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment